Tiger Bay Brawlers welcome sponsors at all scales, from advertising in our home game programmes to sponsoring our travel teams to compete nationally and internationally. Some reasons to sponsor Tiger Bay Brawlers include:
Showing your support for powerful women and gender non-conforming people in sports
Roller derby provides a space for marginalised genders to develop not only their fitness and strength but also their business and organisational skills. Our management team is mostly women and being a part of TBB has helped many members to progress in their professional careers by providing experience in leadership roles. By sponsoring TBB, you are helping to diversify sport and the wider community.
Promoting fitness to a new audience
Some 45% of women in Wales don’t do any regular sporting activity. We want to provide them with opportunities to get fit and active in a unique and supportive environment. From our regular beginner sessions to our successful All-Stars team, we strive to promote the growth of roller derby in south Wales, and we are fiercely proud of our reputation for reaching out to women who have never considered themselves “sporty”. By sponsoring Tiger Bay you are helping marginalised genders get fitter and healthier.
Standing up for diversity
Roller derby is renowned for its progressive nature in regards to LGBTQ+ rights and representation. The gender policy of our governing body – the Women’s Flat Track Derby Association – is widely regarded as the most inclusive in the business, meaning roller derby is breaking new boundaries with gender inclusion. By sponsoring Tiger Bay you are showing that you embrace a more diverse future.
Aligning yourself with the best in Wales
We’re extremely proud of our reputation as the best roller derby team in Wales. We are consistently ranked in the top 20 European teams and the top 100 worldwide, making us one of the best performing Welsh sports teams. By sponsoring Tiger Bay Brawlers you are partnering with the best in Wales.
Expanding your reach to a growing audience
The audience for roller derby is varied and growing. At least once a year Tiger Bay reaches an international viewing audience, facilitated by streaming on WFTDA.tv. Alongside this we boast an impressive fanbase:
- Up to 500 fans at home games
- Over 4,000 Twitter followers
- Over 5,000 Facebook followers
- 2,000 Instagram followers
By sponsoring Tiger Bay Brawlers you gain access to a rapidly growing new audience.
We use the term ‘marginalised genders’ for reasons outlined here: https://www.instagram.com/p/Cs70P2EOMDi/?igshid=MzRlODBiNWFlZA==
Two thirds of roller derby fans know the businesses that support their local team and nearly 90% hold a favourable opinion of these businesses*. Over 60% of fans have spent money with businesses that sponsor their local team.
What it means to us
We are entirely self-funded, with skaters and officials paying for their own equipment, travel and training venues. Your support will help us continue to achieve sporting success, as well as support us in encouraging more marginalised gender groups into sport.
- £5,000 will help fund the team’s travel and accommodation throughout the year, enabling us to test ourselves against some of the toughest competition in the UK and Europe.
- £2,500 will kit us out in new uniforms, ensuring we look as professional and athletic on the outside as we feel on the inside.
- £1,000 will help pay for vital equipment and training venues, meaning we can continue to introduce women, non-binary and gender non-conforming people to roller derby and encourage them to get active.
- £500 will allow us to hire guest coaches or attend training camps, helping us to further advance our performance and represent Cardiff and Wales at the highest levels.
What it means for you
Roller derby is one of the fastest growing sports worldwide. By sponsoring Tiger Bay Brawlers you’ll be part of this exciting phenomenon, as well as associating your brand with this thrilling and diverse sport.
We pride ourselves on being dynamic and flexible, so let us know how we can help you in return for your support.
Examples of what we can offer include:
- Naming rights for Tiger Bay Brawlers events
- Your business name and logo on promotional materials and our website
- Endorsement and mentions on social media
- Promotional displays at home events
- Attendance at your corporate events by skaters or officials
We also welcome donations of products or sharing of knowledge and resources that may be useful to us.
Want to know more? Please contact us for more information on how we can build an awesome partnership together:
We support Tiger Bay Brawlers through event tickets and merchandise which can be found on our webstore: